#wikimedia-office: RFC meeting

Meeting started by TimStarling at 21:00:26 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Clean up URLs | RFC meeting | WMF Metrics Meeting April 2015 Stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To4HLZSrp0Y | Questions/Moderator: Jamesofur | Wikimedia meetings channel | Please note: Channel is logged and publicly posted (DO NOT REMOVE THIS NOTE) | Logs: http://bots.wmflabs.org/~wm-bot/logs/%23wikimedia-office/ (TimStarling, 21:00:45)
    1. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Clean_up_URLs (TimStarling, 21:01:34)
    2. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgActionPaths (legoktm, 21:07:15)
    3. <legoktm> for the record, /wiki/Foo?action=history already works (DanielK_WMDE_, 21:10:59)
    4. AGREED: RFC approved, with the caveat that a permanent redirect should be considered over a varnish rewrite (TimStarling, 21:28:00)

  2. Assert | RFC meeting | WMF Metrics Meeting April 2015 Stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To4HLZSrp0Y | Questions/Moderator: Jamesofur | Wikimedia meetings channel | Please note: Channel is logged and publicly posted (DO NOT REMOVE THIS NOTE) | Logs: http://bots.wmflabs.org/~wm-bot/logs/%23wikimedia-office/ (Meeting topic: RFC meeting) (TimStarling, 21:30:08)
    1. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Assert (TimStarling, 21:30:14)
    2. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T91071 (TimStarling, 21:30:29)
    3. https://github.com/wmde/Assert/tree/master/src (DanielK_WMDE_, 21:30:59)
    4. https://wiki.php.net/rfc/expectations (SMalyshev, 21:32:51)
    5. https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=62162 (parent5446, 21:49:41)
    6. daniel to change @license from GPL+ to MIT (DanielK_WMDE_, 21:54:25)
    7. can't use namespaced functions, because autoload doesn't work (yet) (DanielK_WMDE_, 21:54:40)
    8. daniel to add a note about when and where to use assertions (DanielK_WMDE_, 21:54:52)
    9. AGREED: approved (TimStarling, 21:59:09)
    10. ACTION: DanielK_WMDE_ to add a note about when and where to use assertions (TimStarling, 21:59:56)
    11. ACTION: DanielK_WMDE_ to add exception base class (TimStarling, 22:02:16)
    12. ACTION: daniel to add a common base class for all assertion related exceptions (DanielK_WMDE_, 22:02:36)


Meeting ended at 22:04:06 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. DanielK_WMDE_ to add a note about when and where to use assertions
  2. DanielK_WMDE_ to add exception base class
  3. daniel to add a common base class for all assertion related exceptions


Action items, by person

  1. DanielK_WMDE_
    1. DanielK_WMDE_ to add a note about when and where to use assertions
    2. DanielK_WMDE_ to add exception base class


People present (lines said)

  1. DanielK_WMDE_ (82)
  2. TimStarling (70)
  3. RoanKattouw (31)
  4. parent5446 (30)
  5. SMalyshev (29)
  6. legoktm (13)
  7. spagewmf (11)
  8. bd808 (5)
  9. wm-labs-meetbot` (3)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.