- + signifies AND operation
- | signifies OR operation
- - negates a single token
- " wraps a number of tokens to signify a phrase for searching
- * at the end of a term signifies a prefix query
- ( and ) signify precedence
- ~N after a word signifies edit distance (fuzziness)
- ~N after a phrase signifies slop amount
- Special characters (+, |, -, ", *, (, ), ~) must be escaped wth \ or in a quoted phrase to be searched for.
- Searches are case insensitive.
Vote for your favorite quips
Authenticated users can vote for their favorite quips. The "top" page shows quips ordered by their current vote score. Behind the scenes we use a scoring function that tries to avoid small sample bias.
Adding quips via IRC
- Look for a freenode channel that stashbot is in. Try /whois stashbot to find one or check in ##stashbot.
- Type the quip proceded by !bash (eg !bash <bd808> I wasted my whole weekend reading quips.)
- If you want a multiline quip, use tabs where the newlines should go. You may need to write the quip in a text editor and paste it into your IRC client to do this.
- The bot will not ack your submission, but it should show up in search within a minute or so.