ClueBot NG Report Interface

// Viewing 131348

Navigation

ID: 131348
User: 12.46.128.14
Article: Teenage pregnancy
Diff:
m (Reverted edits by Ivory2011 (talk) to last version by NawlinWiki)
Line 373: Line 373:
 
''Young motherhood'' in an industrialized country can affect [[employment]] and [[social class]]. Less than one third of teenage mothers receive any form of child support, vastly increasing the likelihood of turning to the government for assistance.<ref>[http://moappp.org/Documents/pregnancypovertyschoolandemployment.pdf Pregnancy, Poverty, School and Employment at Minnesota Organization on Adolescent Pregnancy, Prevention and Parenting]</ref> The correlation between earlier childbearing and failure to complete high school reduces career opportunities for many young women.<ref name=natcamp/> One study found that, in 1988, 60% of teenage mothers were [[poverty|impoverished]] at the time of giving birth.<ref>Levine Coley, Rebekah & Chase-Lansdale, Lindsay. (1997). [http://www.jcpr.org/wp/WPprofile.cfm?ID=17.0 Adolescent Pregnancy and Parenthood: Recent Evidence and Future Directions]. ''American Psychologist.'' Retrieved May 29, 2006.</ref> Additional research found that nearly 50% of all adolescent mothers sought [[welfare (financial aid)|social assistance]] within the first five years of their child's life.<ref name=natcamp/> A study of 100 teenaged mothers in the [[United Kingdom]] found that only 11% received a [[salary]], while the remaining 89% were [[unemployment|unemployed]].<ref>Social Exclusion Unit. (1999). [http://www.socialexclusion.gov.uk/downloaddoc.asp?id=69 Teenage Pregnancy]. Retrieved May 29, 2006.</ref> Most British teenage mothers live in [[poverty]], with nearly half in the bottom fifth of the income distribution.<ref name=dfes>{{PDFlink |1=[http://www.dfes.gov.uk/teenagepregnancy/dsp_showDoc.cfm?FileName=teenpreg.pdf]}}</ref> Teenage women who are pregnant or mothers are seven times more likely to commit suicide than other teenagers.<ref>{{cite web |url=http://sean-c-powers.com/TeenagePregnancy.html |title=The Psychological Effects of Teenage Women During Pregnancy |accessdate=2009-01-05}}</ref> Professor John Ermisch at the institute of social and economic research at Essex University and Dr Roger Ingham, director of the centre of sexual health at Southampton University – found that comparing teenage mothers with other girls with similarly deprived social-economic profiles, bad school experiences and low educational aspirations, the difference in their respective life chances was negligible.<ref>{{cite news| url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2005/may/27/children.society | work=The Guardian | location=London | title=It isn't babies that blight young lives | first=Madeleine | last=Bunting | date=May 27, 2005 | accessdate=May 25, 2010}}</ref>
 
''Young motherhood'' in an industrialized country can affect [[employment]] and [[social class]]. Less than one third of teenage mothers receive any form of child support, vastly increasing the likelihood of turning to the government for assistance.<ref>[http://moappp.org/Documents/pregnancypovertyschoolandemployment.pdf Pregnancy, Poverty, School and Employment at Minnesota Organization on Adolescent Pregnancy, Prevention and Parenting]</ref> The correlation between earlier childbearing and failure to complete high school reduces career opportunities for many young women.<ref name=natcamp/> One study found that, in 1988, 60% of teenage mothers were [[poverty|impoverished]] at the time of giving birth.<ref>Levine Coley, Rebekah & Chase-Lansdale, Lindsay. (1997). [http://www.jcpr.org/wp/WPprofile.cfm?ID=17.0 Adolescent Pregnancy and Parenthood: Recent Evidence and Future Directions]. ''American Psychologist.'' Retrieved May 29, 2006.</ref> Additional research found that nearly 50% of all adolescent mothers sought [[welfare (financial aid)|social assistance]] within the first five years of their child's life.<ref name=natcamp/> A study of 100 teenaged mothers in the [[United Kingdom]] found that only 11% received a [[salary]], while the remaining 89% were [[unemployment|unemployed]].<ref>Social Exclusion Unit. (1999). [http://www.socialexclusion.gov.uk/downloaddoc.asp?id=69 Teenage Pregnancy]. Retrieved May 29, 2006.</ref> Most British teenage mothers live in [[poverty]], with nearly half in the bottom fifth of the income distribution.<ref name=dfes>{{PDFlink |1=[http://www.dfes.gov.uk/teenagepregnancy/dsp_showDoc.cfm?FileName=teenpreg.pdf]}}</ref> Teenage women who are pregnant or mothers are seven times more likely to commit suicide than other teenagers.<ref>{{cite web |url=http://sean-c-powers.com/TeenagePregnancy.html |title=The Psychological Effects of Teenage Women During Pregnancy |accessdate=2009-01-05}}</ref> Professor John Ermisch at the institute of social and economic research at Essex University and Dr Roger Ingham, director of the centre of sexual health at Southampton University – found that comparing teenage mothers with other girls with similarly deprived social-economic profiles, bad school experiences and low educational aspirations, the difference in their respective life chances was negligible.<ref>{{cite news| url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2005/may/27/children.society | work=The Guardian | location=London | title=It isn't babies that blight young lives | first=Madeleine | last=Bunting | date=May 27, 2005 | accessdate=May 25, 2010}}</ref>
   
Teenage Motherhood may actually make economic sense for '''poorer''' young women, some research suggests. For instance, long-term studies by Duke economist V. Joseph Hotz and colleagues, published in 2005, found that by age 35, former teen moms had earned more in income, paid more in taxes, were substantially less likely to live in poverty and collected less in public assistance than similarly poor women who waited until their 20s to have babies. Women who became mothers in their teens — freed from child-raising duties by their late 20s and early 30s to pursue employment while poorer women who waited to become moms were still stuck at home watching their young children — wound up paying more in taxes than they had collected in welfare.<ref>{{cite news |last=Males |first=Mike |authorlink=Mike Males |title=The real mistake in 'teen pregnancy' |work=Opinion |publisher=[[Los Angeles Times]] |date=2008-07-13 |url=http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-op-males13-2008jul13,0,4392044.story |accessdate=2009-02-15}}</ref> Eight years earlier, the federally commissioned report "Kids Having Kids" also contained a similar finding, though it was buried: "Adolescent childbearers fare slightly better than later-childbearing counterparts in terms of their overall economic welfare."{{Citation needed|date=January 2009}}
+
Teenage Motherhood may actually make economic sense for '''poorer''' young women, some research suggests. For instance, long-term studies by Duke economist V. Joseph Hotz and colleagues, published in 2005, found that by age 35, former teen moms had earned more in income, paid more in taxes, were substantially less likely to live in poverty and collected less in public assistance than similarly poor women who waited until their 20s to have babies. Women who became mothers in their teens — freed from child-raising duties by their late 20s and early 30s to pursue employment while poorer women who waited to become moms were still stuck at home watching their young children — wound up paying more in taxes than they had collected in welfare.<ref>{{cite news |last=Males |first=Mike |authorlink=Mike Males |title=The real mistake in 'teen pregnancy' |work=Opinion |publisher=[[Los Angeles Times]] |date=2008-07-13 |url=http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-op-males13-2008jul13,0,4392044.story |accessdate=2009-02-15}}</ref> Eight years earlier, the federally commissioned report "Kids Having Kids" also contained a similar finding, though it was buried: "Adolescent childbearers fare slightly better than later-childbearing counterparts in terms of their overall economic welfare."{{Citation needed|date=January 2009}} by maurice
  +
   
 
One-fourth of adolescent mothers will have a second child within 24 months of the first. Factors that determine which mothers are more likely to have a closely-spaced repeat birth include marriage and education: the likelihood decreases with the level of education of the young woman – or her parents – and increases if she gets married.<ref>{{cite journal |author=Kalmuss DS, Namerow PB |title=Subsequent childbearing among teenage mothers: the determinants of a closely spaced second birth |journal=Fam Plann Perspect |volume=26 |issue=4 |pages=149–53, 159 |year=1994 |pmid=7957815 |doi=10.2307/2136238 |url=http://jstor.org/stable/2136238 }}</ref>
 
One-fourth of adolescent mothers will have a second child within 24 months of the first. Factors that determine which mothers are more likely to have a closely-spaced repeat birth include marriage and education: the likelihood decreases with the level of education of the young woman – or her parents – and increases if she gets married.<ref>{{cite journal |author=Kalmuss DS, Namerow PB |title=Subsequent childbearing among teenage mothers: the determinants of a closely spaced second birth |journal=Fam Plann Perspect |volume=26 |issue=4 |pages=149–53, 159 |year=1994 |pmid=7957815 |doi=10.2307/2136238 |url=http://jstor.org/stable/2136238 }}</ref>
Reason: ANN scored at 0.956302
Reporter Information
Reporter: Bradley (anonymous)
Date: Wednesday, the 21st of October 2015 at 07:27:30 PM
Status: Reported
Wednesday, the 21st of October 2015 at 07:27:30 PM #101787
Bradley (anonymous)

qdB6I0 http://www.FyLitCl7Pf7kjQdDUOLQOuaxTXbj5iNG.com

Wednesday, the 25th of May 2016 at 09:18:07 PM #104487
Evking22

This is obvious vandalism.

Username:
Comment:
Captcha: